Tarangire National Park is primarily famous for the abundance of age-old baobabs and big families of elephants gathering in the vicinity of the main water source – the Tarangire River. Besides baby elephants and their parents, the Tarangire is home to zebras, giraffes, hyenas, wart-hogs, buffalos, and many other predators and ungulates.
The park will also be a treat for bird enthusiasts. More than 550 bird species abiding in the Tarangire National Park present ample opportunity for bird watching: brightly plumaged yellow-necked spurfowls, white-crowned shrikes, and black necked weavers are among the most frequent sightings here.
Vast rolling grasslands, thick acacia bush, baobab, and palm trees featuring the unique Tarangire landscape will leave a lasting imprint on your memory.
In the morning you’ll be picked up at 6:00 am from your hotel and driven to the Tarangire National park. It’s about a three-hour drive and on arrival at Tarangire enjoy the game drive. You will stop for a packed lunch supplied by us in the middle of the day and then enjoy gamer viewing in the afternoon until around 4:00 pm when you’ll be taken back to Arusha.
Included in cost:
- Pick-up in Arusha/Moshi
- Experienced English-speaking guide;
- Outfitted Land Rover or Land Cruiser with roof hatch, fridge, and charging sockets
- Entry park fees;
- Soft drinks and bottled drinking water;
- Packed lunch;
- Binocular (1 piece in the car)
- Drop-off in Arusha/ Moshi.
The price does not include:
- Tips for the safari guide ($15-20 per day per car).
- International and domestic flights;
- Travel insurance;
- Alcoholic beverages unless mentioned in the itinerary;
- All items of a personal nature.