Mount Meru is usually scaled in 3 days / 2 nights, but since descending from the summit takes about 7 hours, some climbers opt for an extra night at Mariakamba Hut which will make it a 4-day / 3 nights climb. Overnight accommodation is in alpine huts on your way up and down.
Durations :3 days / 2 nights OR 4-day / 3 nights (Option)
Place to visit; Mount Meru/Arusha National Park
Day 1: Morning transfer to Momella Gate (1500m) to start the climb, 3 hours walk gets you to Mariakamba Hut. Afternoon explores the Meru Crater. Overnight at Mariakamba Hut.
Day 2: Climb to Saddle Hut which will take about three hours along the steep Saddle walls. Explore Little Meru (3820m), a 1 ½ hour climb in the afternoon. Overnight at Saddle Hut
Day 3: Early morning ascent to the summit of Mount Meru (4566m) which will take up to 5 hours and then return to Mariakamba Hut for overnight OR descend to Momella Gate (7 hours).
- Park fees
- Conservation Fees
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- A professional Mountain Guide/Crews
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- All Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water on all days
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance and medical repatriation
- Items of a personal nature